Are You Taking Good Care of Your Dentures for a Healthy, Confident Smile?
At White Knoll Comprehensive Dentistry we offer custom dentures for our patients in Lexington, South Carolina who want to have pleasing and comfortable dental solutions for missing teeth in their smile. We are pleased to offer both full and partial dentures, depending on your unique needs. Once you have your new dentures, you will want to take good care of them for a healthy, confident smile for years to come. Let’s take a look!
- After you eat, remove your dentures to rinse them clear of food particles and other oral debris. This will make sure your dentures fit and function correctly, but also to maintain good oral hygiene.
- When you take out your dentures for cleaning, be mindful not to drop them, as this can damage or even break them. Some find that putting a towel on the countertop or filling some water in the sink where you are cleaning can cushion any accidental drops. As you clean your dentures, avoid damaging the material or bending the clasps, this means handling them carefully.
- After removing and cleaning your dentures, thoroughly clean your mouth. You can use a piece of gauze to clean your oral tissues or a soft-bristled toothbrush. Make sure to clean and rinse residue from your cheeks, palate, and tongue.
- Even though you are cleaning your dentures after eating, you will still want to brush your dentures thoroughly with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Do so lightly, you don’t want to scour the appliance harshly.
- Once you have taken your dentures out for the night, you need to store them in a soaking solution to help them keep their shape. Soak them either in water, cold or warm, not hot, or in a non-abrasive denture cleaner. If you do use a denture soaking solution, be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove all residue before putting the dentures back in your mouth.
- And finally, supplement your daily denture care with regular professional dental cleanings for your appliance, to make sure your denture fits properly, and also to check out your oral cavity to make sure everything is healthy.
Please give our team a call at 803-785-9991 if you would like to know more about dentures, denture care, or to schedule a visit with one of our dentists. We look forward to keeping your smile healthy and beautiful in Lexington, South Carolina, all year round!
8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED